21 Empowering Woman Entrepreneur Quotes to Inspire You
In the shuffle of our everyday lives, we tend to forget that women didn’t always have the privileges that they have today. Having come a long way from the right to vote, women now own 31% of small businesses and franchises in the US. To inspire present and future entrepreneurs, we’ve curated a list of motivating woman entrepreneur quotes.
From artists and singers to business moguls, these entrepreneurial women fought against all odds to blaze the trail for the rest of us. We’ve decided to celebrate them by sharing their insightful words with you.
Get ready for some goosebumps!
Inspiring quotes from woman entrepreneurs
Let’s take a look at some woman entrepreneur quotes from women who have grit, passion, and undying self-confidence. From Beyonce to the founder of Spanx, we’ll cover all industries and backgrounds.
1. “The only thing I have learned is to find strength in yourself. No one can help you, no one can do anything for you, you have to do the work yourself.” – Marina Abramovic, performance artist
2. “We have to laugh. Because laughter, we already know, is the first evidence of freedom.” – Rosario Castellanos, poet and author
3. “There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and will be lost.” – Martha Graham, dancer and choreographer
4. “If you find yourself drawn to an event against all logic, go. The universe is telling you something.” – Gloria Steinem, journalist and activist
5. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey, TV host
6. “I could certainly say that I’ve never underestimated myself, there’s nothing wrong with being ambitious.” – Angela Merkel, politician
7. “Don’t just climb the ladder of success – a ladder that leads, after all, to higher and higher levels of stress and burnout – but chart a new path to success, remaking it in a way that includes not just the conventional metrics of money and power, but a third metric that includes well-being, wisdom, wonder, and giving, so that the goal is not just to succeed but to thrive.” – Arianna Huffington, co-founder of Huffington Post
8. “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.” – Debbi Fields, CEO of Ms. Fields Cookies
9. “If you want to change this world, this community we all live in, then get up and do it. And just start something.” – Anne Wojcicki, CEO of YouTube
10. “To be a CEO is a calling. You should not do it because it is a job. It is a calling, and you have got to be involved in it with your head, heart, and hands. Your heart has got to be in the job; you got to love what you do; it consumes you. And if you are not willing to get into the CEO job that way, there is no point getting into it.” – Indra Nooyi, former CEO of Pepsi
11. “It is the ultimate luxury to combine passion and contribution. It’s also a very clear path to happiness.” – Sheryl Sandberg, CFO of Facebook (now Meta)
12. “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakey, CEO of Spanx
13. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already. We have the power to imagine better.” – J.K Rowling, writer, and author
14. “I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world.”- Beyonce, singer
15. “The more grateful we feel, the more things we receive to feel grateful for. The more loved we feel, the more love we receive. The more beautiful we feel, the more attractive we become.” – Denise Coates, CEO at Bet365
16. “Dream big. There is nothing seen that wasn’t imagined. There’s no overnight success. You have to start by dreaming big and working towards your goal.” – Folorunso Alakija, Nigerian businesswoman
17. “Investing in women is smart economics, and investing in girls, catching them upstream is even smarter economics.” – Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, director-general of World Trade Organization
18. “Don’t blame your parents, don’t blame your boyfriend, don’t blame the weather. Accept the reality, embrace the challenge, and deal with it. Be in charge of your own life. Turn negatives into positives and be proud to be a woman.” – Diane Von Furstenberg, CEO and fashion designer
19. “Become one with eternity. Become part of your environment. Take off your clothes. Forget yourself, make love. Self-destruction is the only way to peace.” – Yayoi Kusama, abstract artist
20. “You’ve been filled with great treasure for one purpose: to be spilled.” – Yoko Ono, artist
21. “I have chosen to no longer be apologetic for my femaleness and my femininity. And I want to be respected in all of my femaleness because I deserve to be.” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, activist and writer
There’s no better time than now
Women are starting businesses in droves, and choosing to build the life they want, whether society likes it or not. If you’re looking to take that first step, breathe life to your new business by designing a logo and brand identity that encompasses your story and passion.
Looka is here to guide you every step of the way!