If you want to join the millionaire ranks of PewDiePie and Ryan’s World, you need to create a YouTube banner template that makes a good first impression and distinguishes your brand.
With 82% of internet traffic expected to come from video streaming in 2022, entrepreneurs are jumping into video head-first.
Below, we’ll cover how to make the perfect YouTube banner template along with YouTube banner ideas to help you make a splash on the big (or small) screen. Let’s jump in!
YouTube banner size in 2021
Here are the YouTube logo size and banner dimensions you’ll need to get your channel up and running:
- Profile photo (circular): 800 x 800px
- Thumbnail photo: 1280 x 720px
- Cover photo: 2560 x 1440px
Properly sizing your banner ensures a clear, crisp image that looks professionally made. Make sure your banner is the right size prior to uploading on YouTube!
What to include in your YouTube banner
A branded YouTube banner and profile photo are critical to building a professional-level YouTube channel. Whether it’s for your blog or your consulting side hustle, here’s what to include in your YouTube banner:
- Logo and slogan
- Brand colors and fonts
- What you can offer
- A call to action
- High-quality images and text
15 YouTube banner templates and ideas
Here are some customizable YouTube banner templates and real-life banner ideas to inspire you:
1. Emphasize your mission in color
This YouTube banner art uses color and contrast to make its purpose clear. With the logo and brand colors in harmony, it’s perfect for grabbing your viewers’ attention and making your services apparent.
2. Use high-quality images
Above, the brand personality is communicated with high-quality images and web copy. The use of a large image overlaid by the mission and logo is a great way to create a simple and effective banner.
Design your invoice template now!
3. Add social media handles
Add social media handles to your banner to increase your brand following and boost your awareness on multiple platforms. Place them on the top right or left so they’re visible on your YouTube banner.
4. Use images to tell a story
For photographers or those in visual industries, use striking images on your banner to inspire and reel in viewers. Make sure your images are original and share the same aesthetic for maximum impact. Think of it as a mini-portfolio!
5. Keep it simple and on-brand
Simplicity is king, and having your logo as the main point of interest is great for modern, sleek branding. Take advantage of your brand colors to instantly grab attention!
6. Create visual harmony
Use a monochromatic color combination by keeping your logo and banner text the same color. This creates a clean, minimal, and appealing look. To drive more traffic to your website, add your URL to your banner as a call to action.
7. Use brand elements
Add unique patterns or shapes to build recognition of your brand. Try to also pepper these elements into your video covers to create a uniform look that instantly communicates your aesthetic.
8. Add a reason to subscribe
Try adding how often you’ll post videos on your banner, this gives viewers a reason to subscribe and signals that you’ll continue to provide value from your channel. Getting more subscribers is a great way to monetize your channel and grow your brand.
YouTube banner ideas
Let’s check out some fun real-life YouTubers for some YouTube banner ideas.
1. Emma Chamberlain
As a vlogger, Emma uses her name as a logo along with a unique display font and brand colors that directly communicate her personality and style.
PewDiePie uses a striking banner that exerts his video game personality and is as vast as his following on YouTube. A real attention grabber!
3. Sorelle Amore
For photographer Sorelle, she uses one of her images as her banner. This is a simple and effective way to maintain her aesthetic while promoting her photography.
4. Jordi Koalitic
Another take on a photographer’s YouTube, Jordi uses a striking collage of his work as well as a script logo font to promote his work and his business.
5. J Rich
J Rich uses his image overlaid by a simple, yet futuristic logo to brand his dropshipping channel. He has added his titles to clarify what he vlogs about and how he can help viewers. By adding social media handles to his banner, he can easily boost his social following and brand awareness.
6. Rose Han
Rose uses a light, pastel color background that gives a soft and friendly appeal. She highlights her channel topic and uses her image to keep it personal and memorable. Note how she includes how often she posts videos to keep viewers engaged and tempt others to subscribe.
An artist and a teacher, Makoccino uses her YouTube channel as a personal branding tool to teach and sell her courses on art. Like Rose, she also uses her image to build a more personal connection with her audience.
How to make a YouTube banner
You can make a professional, branded YouTube banner in minutes on Looka’s Brand Kit.
- Sign up to Looka for free: It’s free to sign up and design your logo with Looka. Once you’re happy with your logo you can opt to purchase it!
- Easily design your logo and brand identity: Looka uses AI to apply design elements and create incredible logos and branding. You don’t need a degree in design or to pay a designer to get your business up and running!
- Use the Brand Kit for instantly branded design assets: The Brand Kit instantly generates every branded asset you would need to run your business. From social media posts to invoices and business cards, you’re covered!
- Customize your YouTube banner art to suit your vision: You can easily customize your YouTube banner templates with new elements and colors to better suit your brand personality.
- Publish your banner on your channel: Your YouTube banner is already the perfect size to be uploaded! You can instantly resize if you need to.
How to upload a YouTube banner
With your YouTube banner ready to go, here’s how to upload it onto your profile easily.
- Sign in to your account
- Click on your profile picture at the top right
- In the drop-down, select “Create a channel”
- Click on “customization” on the left-side menu
- Click upload next to “Banner image”
And there you have it, folks! You’re ready to make informative and entertaining videos that could land you on the YouTube highest-paid list. Try the Looka Brand Kit and get your branded YouTube banner template in no time.