Looka (formerly Logojoy) is exploring the intersection of machine learning and design, providing users with a platform to make beautiful designs for any project. Our growth has been accelerating and we’re looking to continue expanding our product to apply our algorithms for logos to all mediums of design.
We just raised our Series A and we’re rebranding! With this, comes an exciting opportunity to join us as a SEO Content Specialist, on our journey as we scale. Working with the SEO Manager, this role will focus on supporting our growing organic search presence through the creation of thoughtful, targeted content.
This position is critical to our overall branding and the success of our marketing initiatives. Our marketing team is the hub of our customer acquisition and growth efforts — we’re excited to come to work every day to help entrepreneurs find Looka and launch their businesses!
As a Content Specialist on the SEO team, you’ll act as a bridge between the Content and SEO departments, and responsible for various content writing and marketing tasks on and off the website.
- Write creative and impactful guest blogs and expert write-ups for third-party publications, as well as create content for the Looka website.
- Generate and pitch a steady supply of content ideas and opportunities as it pertains to our off-page SEO efforts.
- Create and manage a content calendar to ensure all SEO articles are written and edited on time.
- Crafting winning email copy to use for outreaching third party websites for backlink acquisition and content partnerships.
- Manage relationships with third-party content managers, website owners, and editors to ensure our publications are up to date and our network stays active.
- Support the Content Lead with WordPress related SEO duties such as updating meta tags, internal links, alt tags, and the overall implementation of any SEO recommendations.
- Support the SEO Manager with strategic planning, technical analysis, and execution as needed.
- Analyze content and keyword performance to uncover gaps in which Looka can gain traction in Google and continue to expand our content reach and rankings.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports and project briefs to keep all members of the marketing team (and other departments) in sync with SEO content efforts.
- Collaborate with design and development as needed to ensure you have the assets and functionality you need to execute your projects.
- 3 years + experience in a digital content writing, SEO, or public relations role.
- Ability to write impressive short and long form content, research like a budding detective and think creatively about the big picture.
- Proven experience of having previously published online content.
- Impeccable email etiquette with a knack for organization and contact management. Experience doing email outreach is a plus.
- Passionate about great design and the value of helping business owners succeed.
- Experience with industry standard SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console. Ahrefs and Nina Outreach are a massive plus.
- Incredibly resourceful and never hesitates to ask questions, whether it’s to your direct manager, a coworker on another team, or our founders.
- You are a writer, first and foremost. You’ll have a balance of incredible SEO skills and great writing abilities.
- Degree/Diploma in Journalism, English, or Marketing would be nice to have, not required.
- It’s a bonus if you have experience with content syndication and working knowledge of HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress.
Looka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe workspace that celebrates and respects diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
We offer a whole range of benefits to make life just that little bit easier, some of our benefits below:
- Stock Options.
- A guaranteed end of year bonus.
- Unlimited vacation.
- A personal learning and development budget.
- Health, dental care, vision and employee assistance program.
- Money every month towards a fitness activity of your choice.
- Flexible working (Work from home options and no set hours.)
- For our full list of benefits click here.