Looka (formerly Logojoy) is exploring the intersection of machine learning and design, providing users with a platform to make beautiful designs for any project. Our growth is accelerating, and we’re looking to continue expanding our product to apply algorithms for logos to all mediums of design.
We recently raised our Series A and went through a rebrand! This presents an exciting opportunity to join us as a Senior Content Marketer as we scale. Our marketing team is the hub of our customer acquisition and growth efforts — we’re excited to come to work every day to help entrepreneurs find Looka and launch their businesses.
Reporting to the Content Lead, the Senior Content Marketer will focus on driving organic traffic, signups, and customer happiness by producing and updating content across channels. We’re looking for that rare breed of writer who can create excellent long-form blog posts and bigger content projects (ebooks, reports, etc.), as well as write conversion-focused copy for emails, landing pages, ads, and more. You’ll also work closely with other members of the content team to hone Looka’s brand voice across channels.
- Research, write, and publish original long-form blog posts that fit into our content and SEO strategy, working with graphic designers to source visuals.
- Monitor the performance of every piece, tracking ways to optimize it and working with other members of the marketing team to distribute it via social and outreach.
- Improve and optimize older content pieces on an ongoing basis, identifying opportunities to boost keyword rankings or “10x” a blog post.
- Edit posts from guest writers and freelancers to ensure they meet our editorial standards.
- Write conversion-focused and on-brand copy for email campaigns, website/landing pages, ads, and more.
- Regularly audit the app, help center, and other customer-facing communications to ensure copy is clear and consistent.
- Write and edit video scripts and social media copy as required.
Additionally to the responsibilities above, our content lead is going on maternity leave, so this role will be assuming these responsibilities during that time:
- Manage the content calendar and workflow on Asana, and co-lead quarterly content planning meetings.
- Create and assign detailed briefs for blog posts and bigger content projects.
- Track and report on monthly and quarterly content metrics as needed.
- Approve all blog and newsletter content before it gets published, and act as an editor on other content projects and company communications.
- Contribute to the social strategy and process as it pertains to our marketing and content team goals.
- 4-5+ years experience in a content marketing or copywriting role.
- Proven ability to write excellent long-form blog posts that rank for target keywords and featured snippets (samples required).
- Proven ability to write punchy and on-brand copy for websites/landing pages and email campaigns (samples required).
- Excellent editing skills, with a love of grammar and style guides.
- Solid SEO skills, with an understanding of keyword research and content gaps (experience working within a topic cluster framework is a bonus).
- An incredibly adaptable, resourceful, and detail-oriented writer who never hesitates to ask questions to get more clarity on a project.
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Ahrefs is a plus.
- Degree/Diploma in Journalism or English is a nice-to-have, but not required.
Looka is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a safe workspace that celebrates and respects diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from underrepresented groups including visible minorities, members of sexual minority groups, persons with family caregiving responsibilities, first nations persons, persons with disabilities, and women to apply.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
We offer a whole range of benefits to make life just that little bit easier, some of our benefits below:
- Stock Options.
- A guaranteed end of year bonus.
- Unlimited vacation.
- A personal learning and development budget.
- Health, dental care, vision and employee assistance program.
- Money every month towards a fitness activity of your choice.
- Flexible working (Work from home options and no set hours.)
- For our full list of benefits click here.